Coronavirus and COVID-19 Preparations and Actions
As the country has fallen into this pandemic, we at Life Foundation Home Care have taken measures to maintain the safety of our clients, caregivers and people who come in contact with them.
Measures Taken by Life Foundation Home Care
- All our caregivers have been trained on best practices to avoid the spread and how to screen themselves as well as the clients for the virus.
- We have setup a dedicated page to provide updates on the virus to the caregivers and actions they need to take to maintain everyone’s safety.
- Our caregivers are required to perform COVID-19 screening before every shift to identify anybody at risk. This screening is for clients, caregivers and anybody that they have been in touch with and covers topics such as:
- Have they shown symptoms of COVID-19?
- Have they traveled to an area that is infected with COVID-19?
- Have they been near to someone who has COVID-19 or has been told by a healthcare provider that they may have COVID-19
- If the screening flags that the caregiver may be sick or a risk, then they are asked not to go to work and stay home.
- All our caregivers take precautionary measures and follow best practices before, during and after providing care, such as, wearing Personal Protective Equipment, avoiding contact with people who may be sick and frequently wash their hands etc.
- We have an emergency preparedness plan in place to address any escalations and business and service disruptions.
- We continue to monitor CDC and Texas Health & Human Services to ensure we are upto date on the latest guidelines and continue to update the team.
We know that these are tough times for everyone and families are worried about the well-being of their loved ones. We know that during these times, more than ever, elders and other vulnerable members of the community need someone who can look after them to ensure they are safe and secure and are taken care of. Our qualified and well trained caregivers are here to help you every step of the way. It is also our belief that home is the best place for our seniors specially during these times. We at Life Foundation Home Care are making Preparations and taking Actions so you can feel safe.
If you have any questions or if you need any additional information, feel free to contact us. Together We Can™ and together we will.