Aid and Attendance is a non-service related benefit provided by the Veterans Affairs (VA) to Veterans and Surviving Spouses to help with long term care and activities of daily living (ADL). Life Foundation Home Care provides qualified Veterans and surviving spouses in home care covered through VA Aid and Attendance benefits. We also help you get qualified for the Aid and Attendance benefit and provide financial assistance to pay for home care while you wait for the benefit to get approved.
Criteria to Receive In Home Care Through VA Aid & Attendance Benefit
- Must have atleast 90 days of Active Duty (doesn’t require to be in a combat role)
- Atleast one of those 90 days should be during a war period. See below for war periods as defined by VA
- Received other than dishonorable discharge
- Over 65 years of age
- Documented medical need, needing assistance with activities of daily living (some examples: can’t drive, can’t hear, limited mobility, chronic illness etc)
- Low income (qualified expenses can be counted towards reducing your income, for example medical expenses). Note that VA will count any other VA pension you receive towards calculating your monthly income. For example, if you are on 100% disability, most likely you will not qualify for this benefit since your income will put you outside of the approved limit
- Total assets should be less than $127,000
- Personal assets (including primary home, car) are not counted towards asset limit
- Surviving spouse must be married to the Veteran at the time of Veteran’s death
VA Defined War Periods
- World War II: December 7, 1941-December 31, 1946
- Korean Conflict: June 27, 1950-January 31, 1955
- Vietnam Era: August 5, 1964-May 7, 1975 Veterans who served February 28, 1961-August 5, 1964, must have served “in country” (Vietnam)
- Persian Gulf War: August 2, 1990- date to be prescribed by Presidential Proclamation or law. Must have served active duty for two years or the full period of which the veteran was called for active duty
Depending upon your qualifications, you may receive upto 100 hours of care each month.
What Home Care Services are Covered Under VA Aid and Attendance Benefit?
Qualified Veterans and surviving spouses can receive following services under our home care program:
- Personal Hygiene like Bathing, Dressing & Grooming, Incontinence Care
- Light Housekeeping
- Meal Preparation
- Caring Companionship
- Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care, Cancer Care, After Surgery Care, Stroke Patient Care, Medication Reminders
- Transportation for Appointments, Running Errands
Do Spouses Get Home Care through VA Aid and Attendance?
If you are Veteran spouse or a widow of a Veteran or a spouse of a deceased Veteran, you are also eligible for receiving home care through VA Aid and Attendance benefits. If you are a window or a windower of a Veteran, the income and medical criteria will apply to you, also, you must be married to the Veteran at the time of their death.
Do You Provide Care in My Area?
We are licensed to provide care in all of Texas. We recruit local caregivers who are our employees; fully insured, bonded and trained by Life Foundation Home Care. We even provide care in remote areas where many agencies don’t have any presence.
Do I qualify for Free Home Care Through VA Aid and Attendance?
Not sure if you qualify? Complete our quick VA Aid and Attendance eligibility criteria form to see if you or your loved one would qualify.
If you believe you or your loved one qualifies and are ready to take the next step, submit your information and we will get the process started. We have streamlined the whole process where you don’t need to go anywhere or stand in long lines; we come to you and work with you from start to finish. We can help you find out if you qualify, help you through the application process all the way through to placing a caregiver so that you or your loved one is fully taken care of. Due to our experience and program, you can start receiving the help much faster compared to going through the process on your own. There is no upfront cost or fees for our services.
Start Receiving Home Care Services
Start by filling out the information form. One of our experienced advisors will reach out to you to confirm your information and to go over the process. We make it fast and easy for you to apply and start receiving in-home care.
Life Foundation Home Care is an award winning home care agency. We serve many Veterans and surviving spouses in Texas. If you are looking for caregivers to care for your loved ones, we have the best caregivers available to help. We hire only the experienced caregivers and they are highly trained in providing personal and home care. We work with you to design and implement a personalized care plan to meet your needs. Call us now at (832) 612-0472 or submit the online inquiry form to find out why so many Veteran families trust us for their caregiving needs.
We have helped many Veterans and surviving spouses and we can help you as well. Here is what one of our partners has to say about us:
“I wouldn’t provide anything less than a 5 star rating for this organization. I’ve worked in direct connection with them for several years, and they are truly providing top-notch customer service for the veterans and widows they’re servicing through our national VetAssit Program. Their response time for all of my needs is impeccable and they truly make my job easier. It is extremely comforting to know that we’ve entrusted an organization of high quality to provide adequate care for our Vet families. My clients speak so highly of the caregivers that are being sent to their homes, and really appreciate the services provided to them. I’m certain the same efforts are put into other families and look forward to continue working with this company.”